Friday, November 16, 2007

Not Your Granny's Craft Sale? I Think Not!

Here at No Coast Craft-o-rama planning headquarters, we are heads down, feverishly putting the finishing touches on the big event -- ordering tables, passing out postcards, getting ads ready for VitaMN and City Pages and generally just running around like chickens. And I'm sure all the vendors are even more so, cranking out all the goods we can't wait to get our hands on!

I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on why I was motivated to get this group of people together to plan this event, and hopefully dispell any rumor that this craft sale harbors any ill will toward crafting grannies. Let me tell you what I mean.

In 2005, my mom retired. She has always been crafty, in fact she is my inspiration in that arena. So, I thought I'd plan a craft sale she could participate in, and it would give her something to do with all her new free time. Fast forward to now. My mom, also a "granny" (In fact her business name is Granny's Closet), is a big seller on Etsy (six hundered and thirty some odd items sold...wah hoo!) and also No Coast Craft-o-rama. This week I did an interview with her on my blog. I think it's kind of cute.

My point in all this? Granny's rock, and we love them as much as we love Cricket Syndicate and his handmade underwear, or Rar Rar Press and her "F that S" postcards! Truth be told, a granny might be our very reason for being!

No comments: