Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Great Gifts for Daddio, Boyfriend, Gramps and Bro
We here at No Coast headquarters think long and hard about how to ensure that our shoppers can find things for everyone on their holiday shopping list at our sale. One of the toughest to find is good gifts for the male species. After all, not too many men in our lives are big fans of knitted tea cozies or smelly candles. This year, I really think we did a good job in sniffing out some fantastic crafters of good gift ideas for guys. Here are a few of my favorites:
• For the boyfriend, how about a fantastic pin-up calendar or cityscape calendar made by poster artist Adam Turman?
• For your little Anglophile baby bro’ -- a totally hip Union Jack shirt from Charlie and Sarah!
• For dad, a clever film canister by Marti Nelson.
• Great for all the hot rodsters on your list, a cool vinyl art piece by Nate’s Custom Sewing
• What I want to send my husband, the punker: a sweet punker postcard by Rar Rar Press.
• Another great boyfriend gift, a set of coasters featuring “social don’ts” from Zeichen Press
• For dad or grandpa, a beautiful Japanese woodblock-inspired stained glass window by Green Lantern Glass